How cookies work?
Cookies can only store text, usually it is always anonymous and encrypted. No personal information is ever stored in a cookie, or be associated with an identified or identifiable person.
The data allow this Web can keep your information between pages, and to analyze the way you interact with the website. Cookies are safe because they can only store information that was put in place by the browser, which is information that the user entered in the browser or included in the page request. You can not run the code and can not be used to access your computer. If a website encrypts the information in the cookie, only the site can read the information.
What types of cookies used?
The cookies used by this site can be distinguished according to the following criteria:
1. Types of cookies as the entity that manages, depending on who is the entity that manages the computer or domain from which cookies are sent and treat the data obtained, we can distinguish:
- Cookies own on those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Cookies third on those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that is data obtained through cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected by these is managed by a third party they can not be considered as own cookies.
2. Types of cookies according to the length of time that are enabled :
According to the length of time remain active in the terminal equipment can be distinguished :
- Session cookies are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are often used to store information only interested in preserving for the service requested by the user only once (eg a list of purchased products).
- Persistent cookies are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and treated for a defined by the head of the cookie, and can range from a few minutes to several years period.
3. Types of cookies by purpose :
According to the purpose for which the data obtained through the cookies are addressed, we can distinguish between :
- Cookies techniques are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and use of the different options or services it exist as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session , access to restricted parts, remember the elements of an order, make the buying process an order, make an application for registration or participation in an event, use security features, while browsing store content for broadcasting video or sound or share content via social networks.
- Customization cookies are those that allow users to access the service with some features of a general nature based on a predefined set of criteria the user terminal such as would be the language, the type of browser through which access to the service, the locale from which you access the service, etc.
- Cookies analysis are those that allow the responsible for them, monitoring and analyzing the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked. The information gathered through such cookies is used in measuring the activity of web sites and application or platform for profiling navigation users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to make improvements in based on analysis of data use made by users of the service.
Management Tool Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics .
Google Analytics is a free web analysis tool of Google that primarily allows website owners know how users interact with your website. You also enable cookies in the domain of the site where you are and uses a set of cookies called “__utma” and “__utmz” to collect information anonymously and report website trends without identifying individual users .
How to manage cookies on your computer: Disabling and deleting cookies.
All Internet browsers allow you to limit the behavior of a cookie or disable cookies in the settings or browser options. The steps to do this are different for each browser, you can find instructions in the help menu of your browser.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring your browser options installed on your computer :
- For more information about Internet Explorer click here.
- For more information on Chrome click here.
- For more information on Safari click here.
- For more information about Firefox click here.
Through your browser, you can also see the cookies that are on your computer and delete them as you see fit. Cookies are text files, you can open and read the contents. The data in them are usually encrypted with a numeric key that corresponds to an Internet session so often does not make sense beyond the website who wrote it.